We are here to support you
For questions contact our Donor Services team at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-267-9903.
We provide the following services for all fund holders:
- Professional advice on the establishment and structure of your fund.
- Statements for each fund including; investment activity, itemized lists of donations to the fund, itemized lists of disbursements/grants from the fund.
- Gift acknowledgements to the donor of any gifts made in honor or in memory of individuals.
- Send donation receipts (meeting IRS standards) to anyone making contributions to the fund
- Forward thank you letters
- We can to donors from grant recipients
- Financial transactions audit of all financial transactions
- Manage required IRS annual tax returns filed on behalf of the fund’s activityFund Publicity
- The Foundation will include the fund description in Humboldt Area Foundation’s Annual Yearbook, which has a circulation of 13,000.
- Upon request, the Foundation will assist with press conferences, social media or a press release at the fund’s inception.
- Provide professional charitable planned giving and estate planning assistance and referrals
Humboldt Area Foundation currently manages more than $106 million in assets and pools investments for over 700 funds.
Investing funds as a pool provides:
- Greater diversification of assets
- Access to money managers who are available only for larger accounts
- Reduced feed as a result of the size of the combined asset base
The Foundation’s Investment Committee receives investment guidance from Angeles Investment Advisors, which provides independent investment advice.
The Foundation provides two different investment pool options to help donors meet their objectives. As an overall investment strategy, the Foundation does not speculate on short term market shifts, but rather we invest for the long term in highly diversified portfolios to balance risk and to maximize returns over the long term.