Upcoming Humboldt Health Foundation Holiday
For application consideration before the closure, applications must be submitted before noon (12:00 pm) on December 14th, 2023.
Applications submitted after noon (12:00 pm) on Thursday December 14th, 2023, will receive notification no sooner than January 3rd, 2024.
All checks will be mailed, check pick-up will not be available December 22nd, 2023 – January 1st, 2024.
Phone and email support will not be available December 22nd, 2023 – January 1st, 2024.
The primary mission of the Humboldt Health Foundation is to support the Humboldt Area Foundation, a community foundation, by improving the health and well-being of the residents and communities of Humboldt County, and of other communities in Northern California while also improving services to the people of Humboldt County.
In Humboldt County in the 1900s, workers who were injured on the job found the costs of care at local private hospitals financially devastating. By 1906, the newly unionized timber and mill workers of Eureka decided to start a hospital of their own; The Union Labor Hospital, a nonprofit organization which began in 1908 and later became General Hospital.
In 1997, the Union Labor Hospital Association sold the hospital and established the Union Labor Health Foundation, which has since awarded $4.6 million to support community health efforts through organizational grants, funding partnerships, nursing scholarships and assistance to individuals for health and dental care. In 2018, we officially changed our name to the Humboldt Health Foundation.
The Board of Directors of the Humboldt Health Foundation is proud to carry on the tradition of helping people in our communities become healthier.
2023-2024 Humboldt Health Foundation Staff and Board of Directors include:
Board of Directors:
- Calla Peltier-Olson – Chair
- Donna McQueen – Vice Chair & Children’s Dental Angel Fund Committee Chair
- Christina Huff – Treasurer & Program Committee Chair
- Beth Wells – Angel Fund Chair & Development Committee Chair
- Valetta Molofsky – Board Member
- Dr. Caterina Kein – Board Member
- Rose Francia – Board Member
- Bonnie Smith – Strategy, Programs, & Community Solutions Coordinator
- Belén Gutierrez-Flores – Grants Coordinator
- Sarah Millsap – Director of Finance
- Craig Woods – Departmental Director of Community Solutions & Programs
Annual Tax Return